Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Road To Work



A beautiful day indeed, really brings up my mood..
Today is 30th June 2010... an inspection will be done on this very day..
Only 2 units of boiler scheduled for today and I hope that there would be no problem arises.



Here I am doing my job.. inspection of a boiler.. now i'm in water side of the particular boiler.. There's the manhole which got me in.. Boiler is an any enclosed vessel in which for any purpose steam is generated under pressure greater than atmospheric pressure, and includes any economiser used to heat water being fed to the vessel, any superheater used for heating steam, any pipes and fittings connected thereto. The key word is steam generated. Boiler can be fire tube, water tube, electric boiler, waste heat boiler and combi boiler. The boiler I'm in, is a fire tube boiler.



The condition for the water side in not satisfactory. It is because of the whitish scale observed covered all the tubes and also the shell. In my personal opinion, this occurs because hardness is not properly control. It's suspected, mainly, consists of calcium and silica.



Now i'm in a furnace, through that manhole.. this is a wetback boiler and consists of 3 pass of flue gas/hot gas.



Defect that I found on the 2nd pass. Stay tube is cracked. How on earth this could happen. It's a stay tube for boiler sake.. so.. my conclusion is whether is right or not, is that... inproper heat distribution, heat transfer rate, region is not properly in place... may be the scale which covered the tubes can tell us more..



Then I've finised my on situ work. I went back to my office to write down my findings for today inspection..
What a day...

No comments: