Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lifts... aha... it's all about lifts

I'm on my way to do my job. Passing by electronic board saying that the road is clear, weather is clear.... not the weather, only the traffic and drive safely...
They should put more electronic board like this..


Today I'm set for a lift inspection. This particular inspection is done to renew an expired certificate of fitness which only valid for 15 months. Well, in my record, these lifts just expired. It's just like renewing a road tax, as I've explain it in my previous post. For today, I've arranged 3 job site which consists of a high rise buildings. Erm... almost 102 meter above sea level. Quite high indeed.



My inspection begins here.. what a tall building it is.


This is a typical landing door of a lift. I'm going to top floor where the motor room is placed.


This motor room holds 4 machines that bring ups and downs 4 lifts for daily usage.
It's important to ensure that the lifts are well maintained and inspected regularly to avoid any disrupt of an operation as well as to prevent any dangerous occurrence and any accidents that may happens. Basically, I am inspecting the condition of the motor room itself, machines, then the wire ropes, and lastly, the control panel.
If everything is in good order, I may proceed to the car top. While I was on the roof top, I've snapped this photo.. enjoying the moment though..



After I've enjoyed the view which is about 2 minutes...I continued with my duty..
Oh hey.. this is the car top.. not all people get a chance to see this.. isn't it?



Now, I'm gonna enter this domain.... This is a hoist way... you do the math..


Then, I'm gonna inspect the lift pit, to see whether the 'runby' is within prescribed range or not.

Then, I noticed something... something funny...

This is a no smoking signage written in Thai...whilst this apartment is in Penang.
Till some other time..

No comments: